- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
A family favorite! Great additions to an easy boxed cake mix!
- Mash 6 strawberries. Add water to make 1 1/3 cups. Mix cake with 3 eggs, watered-down strawberries, 1/3 cup oil. Stir up and pour into 2 (9-inch pans). Bake according to instructions.
- For garnish for top of cake, slice rest of strawberries. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. sugar.
- Put jar of strawberry spread in microwave until warm, but not runny, approximately 20 seconds. Stir. Mix icing while cakes are baking. Mix 1 (8-oz) room temperature cream cheese with 1 heaping cup confectioners sugar. Mix with 1 Tbsp. milk.
- Let cakes cool. After cool, split cakes.
- Layer the 4 cake pieces. On first layer, put 1/2 of the strawberry spread. On 2nd layer, put 1/2 of icing. On 3rd layer, put 1/2 of strawberry spread. On top, put icing and garnish with sweetened strawberries. Refrigerate. Serve with whipped cream.