- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 18-20 cookie cups
Bring two classic desserts together with these Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Cups. With buttery cookie crusts baked in mini muffin tins and a fresh strawberry cheesecake filling, this confection is bite-sized, sweet, creamy, slightly tangy and lightly pink, making them perfect to enjoy on Valentine’s Day with your loved ones. You can even make these the night before so all you have to do before digging in is add the mint garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Puree all but 3 strawberries in a blender until smooth and set aside.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the strawberry puree. Beat until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet and beat until a thick dough forms. Press 2-inch balls of dough into each mini-muffin tin, pressing halfway up the sides of each muffin cup. Prick the surface of the dough with a fork and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Make cheesecake filling by beating together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Gradually add in 1/2 cup strawberry puree and additional food coloring, if desired. Pipe mixture into cups and refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours.
- Slice remaining whole strawberries and garnish with mint leaves before serving.