- 5 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups
The sweetness of strawberry blended with the spicy chipotle peppers makes a BBQ sauce with a sweet kick to it.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Toss in onion and saute for roughly 5 minutes.
- Toss in garlic and sauté for 60 seconds.
- Mix in strawberries, chipotles, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to heat and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.