- 5 hours
- 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pan the pie crust per the pie crust recipe. Prepare the crust for blind baking by lining the interior of the pie crust with a crumbled but clean piece of parchment. Fill the parchment-line crust with beans or pie weights and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow the crust to cool and remove the beans/weights and the parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectionerâs sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and salt and mix until combined; set aside.
- In a second bowl, whip the egg whites and ¼ cup of white sugar until stiff peaks. Stir in one-third of the whites into the cream cheese mixture to lighten it. Fold in the rest of the whites carefully to avoid deflation. Fill the pie shell with the mixture and allow to set in the refrigerator for four hours.
- Meanwhile, mix the strawberries with the remaining sugar and place in a strainer set over a bowl. Allow to macerate and drain for one hour.
- Mix the macerated berries with the raspberry jam. Top the pie with the berries and serve.