- 20 minutes (Freeze 4 hours)
- 2 quarts
- In a medium saucepan, cook the berries over low to medium heat until they are softened. Push the softened fruit through a food mill. Discard the seeds and pulp. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar cream and milk in a medium saucepan, over medium. Whisk together to dissolve the sugar. Pour the cream and strawberry puree mixtures together and stir. Let cool completely and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the chilled cream berry mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Towards the last few minutes, toss in the diced strawberries. Transfer the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Scoop into bowls or into your favorite type of cone to enjoy.
- To make Crushed Oreo Waffle Cones: Melt 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips over a double boiler. Dip store bought waffle cones into the melted chocolate and gently roll into crushed Oreo cookies. Let them dry on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Store any extra waffle cones in a large Ziploc bag.