- 20 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until combined.
- Fill the mini muffin cups 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Beat the butter in a larger mixer bowl on medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat on medium-low speed until incorporated. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and enough of the lemon juice until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Beat the buttercream on medium-high speed for 4-5 minutes. Transfer the buttercream to a large zip-close bag and cut off one corner.
- Place one mini cupcake in each push up pop container. Top with a swirl of frosting and a second cupcake. Finish with another swirl of frosting and half a strawberry.
Recipe Tip: Substitute clear plastic cups for push up cake pop containers! Bake the strawberry cake in a 9x13 inch pan for 30-35 minutes. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out 24 cake rounds. Slice each round in half lengthwise and layer with the buttercream in the cups."