- 15 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- 10 - 12
Make this sweet and salty dessert today. It's the perfect treat for the hot days of summer!
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter and sugar together, just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in crushed pretzels. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9’x 13’ glass dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- While the crust bakes and cools, in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar and the cool whip until it reaches a smooth consistently. (about 2 minutes) Set aside.
- Next in a small sauce pan over medium to high heat, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, melt the JELL-O gelatin in the water stirring gently to combine. Next add the granulated sugar. And remove from heat. Place in refrigerator until the gelatin is partially set.
- To assemble, spoon the cream filling over the pretzel crust, using a spatula, spread the filling, covering the entire crust. Next, spoon the partially set strawberry gelatin over the cream filling, then place the sliced strawberries on top, pressing the strawberries gently into the JELL-O.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 5 hours or until ready to serve.