- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
To a medium pot add chopped strawberries, lemon, vanilla and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Cook stirring frequently for about 15 minutes or until the strawberries start to break down.
Puree the mix using a food processor or immersion blender.
- Continue on to making the pudding base.
In a medium sauce pan you will slowly heat the milk, heavy cream and vanilla over medium heat. Keep stirring as you do not want to scald the mixture. You want to warm the mixture but do not want it to reach boiling.
160 F is the max temperature you want this mixture to reach if you have a thermometer.
In a small bowl combine flour and cornstarch.
Mix egg yolks, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl until well combined.
Next, add 1 cup of the milk mixture to the egg mixture in the bowl. Whisk constantly and do it slowly so you do not cook the eggs!
Whisk in the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Return all the ingredients from the mixing bowl to the sauce pan. Whisk constantly.
Whisk constantly over medium heat until the pudding thickens. Remove from heat.
Add the strawberry puree to the pudding mixture and mix well.
Add more strawberry chunks to the pudding to amp up the strawberry flavor.
- Refrigerate the pudding until cold.
- Top with graham crackers crumbled up for some texture! You may also top with another strawberry!