- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
Strawberry-Rhubarb isn't just for pies. You can also enjoy the sweet, summertime treat in cake!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss rhubarb, strawberries and flour in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into a 9" round pan. Top with brown sugar and strawberry/rhubarb mixture.
- For the batter, combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the milk to the butter mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spread the batter over the fruit and bake approximately 40 minutes or just until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let cool in the pan 15-20 minutes. Run a knife along the edge of the cake and invert onto a platter. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.