- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 4 donuts
- Place the strawberries in a mixing bowl with the sugar and lemon zest. Combine well. Place in the refrigerator until serving.
- In a stand mixer, combine the ricotta cheese, the cream, the cream cheese and whip on high until the mixture is thoroughly combined and fluffed up, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add in the powdered sugar and the vanilla and whip again for another minute until thoroughly combined.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Horizontally slice each doughnut (like a hamburger bun) before grilling.
- Because of their sugar content, doughnuts like to burn while grilling, so you have to watch them closely. Place the doughnuts (inside down) on the grill for no more than 1 minute, then flip and grill the glazed side for about 30 seconds. Keep an eye on them—you want them lightly grilled and not too dark.
- To assemble: On the bottom half of each doughnut, place a super-generous dollop of the cream cheese mixture, along with a generous portion of strawberries. Top with the top half of the doughnut and serve.