- 10 minutes
- 4 minutes
- 13-14 skewers
In just 15 minutes, whip up a fresh batch of waffles and some whipped cream cheese and serve up on skewers with fresh strawberries for a fun twist on breakfast or dessert.
- Make the waffles by combining the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and stirring. In a separate bowl, add sugar, milk, egg and butter. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir just until everything comes together. Some lumps are OK.
- Scoop ½ cup to ¾ cup of the batter in a preheated waffle iron.
- While the waffles are cooking, cut the strawberries in half and set aside. Place the whipped cream and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or whisk to whip them together.
- When the waffles are done, cut into cubes or triangles and slide on the skewers, alternating with whipped cream cheese and strawberries.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.