- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Makes one 15-inch pizza
What's better than a mozzarella-stuffed crust? This cast iron pizza will surely have everyone coming back for seconds. (Note: This recipe is designed for use in a 15-inch cast iron skillet.)
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dissolved yeast, the remaining 3/4 cup water, the oil, and the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix thoroughly, approximately twenty strokes or until the dough becomes a ball. Let the dough rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Gently knead the dough on a lightly floured surface (approximately 2 minutes), then roll the dough out to a 17-inch circle. Lightly grease the skillet. Place the dough in the skillet with enough excess dough to reach up the sides (1 to 2 inches).
- To make the stuffed crust, arrange the mozzarella strips around the edge of the dough, then fold the dough over to cover the cheese.
- Place the pizza sauce on the dough and spread to the edges. Add the grated cheddar to cover the sauce, then add the onions, tomatoes, and peppers. Top everything with the grated mozzarella.