- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
Serve up these stuffed mushroom eyeballs, filled with tofu and topped with sun dried tomatoes for a quick Halloween dish that is ready in just 30 minutes.
- Wash the mushroom caps and remove the stems. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- 2. Use a food processor to puree the tofu, garlic, lemon juice, salt, Italian seasoning, onion powder and black pepper together until completely smooth. Pour the mixture into a piping bag. If you do not have a piping bag, substitute a Ziploc bag with a circle tip.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cautiously add a few drops of balsamic vinegar into each mushroom cap.
- Transfer the tofu ricotta mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Finely shred or cut the sun-dried tomato pieces and arrange them on the stuffed mushrooms in order to look like veins.
- Press down one olive slice on the top of each mushroom.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10 to 15 minutes or until they start to wrinkle. You can serve these warm or at room temperature.