- 25 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 burgers
Who says turkey burgers have to be bland? You can have taste and save calories with this version of an American favorite. Turmeric and paprika add color and flavor to the ground meat, while the vegetable filling makes burger that's hearty and healthy. Cooking on a broiler pan instead of frying keeps the calories low, but don't splurge on French fries. This burger goes perfectly with a salad and rice.
Combine ground turkey and spices. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Meanwhile, combine and mix ingredients for filling.
- Take a palm full of meat mixture and pat into a patty.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the patty.
- Make another patty from ground turkey and top the filled patty.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until you have four burgers.
- Cook at 350 until done, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice and a green salad. Use extra filling as garnish.