- 4 hours
- 25 minutes
- 12 scones
Spring into summer with these baked scones filled with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Put the bowl into the freezer to chill the dry ingredients. Using a stand mixer, add the cold butter to the dry ingredients just until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon oil and Greek yogurt. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is moistened and holds together.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Place the dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with a little flour and flatten down with your hands, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface and roll out into a rectangle shape about 3/4 inch thick. Cut diagonally to make triangles. Place the triangle shaped scones onto a parchment-lined sheet pan, leaving a little bit of space between them. Place the scones in the freezer for 1-2 hours or overnight. Note: you can prep these ahead of time and place in an airtight container in the freezer and bake the day you need them.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Brush the scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar crystals. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. They should not be soft when you press on the centers. Let the scones cool on a baking rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together the icing. Add more or less milk to get the consistency you desire. Drizzle over the scones. Enjoy immediately.