- 20 minutes
- 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse and dry salmon steaks. Place them in a large plastic bag with salt, pepper and 10 sprigs freshly washed dill (stems included). Massage dill, salt and pepper into salmon. Refrigerate until it's time to cook.
- Slice washed potatoes as thinly as possible. Don't worry if they are not perfect, soon they'll be mixed into the creamy cheese sauce.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and make a roux with the flour and butter, stirring until the flour is dissipated. Add all but 2 tablespoons of cream and stir well with a whisk or fork until blended.
- Place potatoes in a large baking dish and pour the hot mixture over the potatoes. Stir together. Add all but 2 tablespoons of cheese and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Bake until potatoes are soft to the point that a fork goes through them easily. Remove them from the oven and stir in remaining cream and cheese.
- When potatoes are almost cooked, prepare the salmon. Melt 1 / 2 stick of butter in a sauce pan and place salmon skin side down in hot pan. Spoon butter over the top of the salmon until salmon is light pink and flaky. While salmon remains in the pan, squeeze juice from 1 or 2 lemon wedges over it.
- Spoon potatoes onto a plate and place salmon atop potatoes. Garnish salmon with remaining sprigs of dill and serve immediately.