- 15 minutes
- 11 minutes
Take a classically seasoned burger and make it sweet and savory by topping with a homemade honey mustard spread. Give this Honey Mustard Burger recipe a try for your next backyard barbecue or enjoy on a summer occasion like Labor Day. Serve with sweet potato fries with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and salt to keep the sweet and savory theme going.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and garlic powder in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Mix together the beef, onion powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Form 4 equal patties.
- Grill the burgers for 6 minutes and flip. Grill an additional 4-5 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- To assemble the burgers, layer lettuce and tomato on the bottom half of each bun. Place the burger on top and add the onion and avocado. Spread the honey mustard sauce on the top bun and sandwich together. Enjoy immediately.
- Recipe Tip: Make an indention in the center of each burger before grilling to prevent the burgers from puffing up in the center.