- 24-48 hours
- 10 minutes
The balsamic flavor adds just a touch of sweetness that isn't overpowering but is definitely a welcome addition!
- Place steak, soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar, pepper flakes and salt in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Seal tightly and shake back and forth to allow ingredients to blend evenly. Refrigerate 24-48 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Coat cold gill rack or broiler rack with canola cooking spray and place over grill or broiler pan. Remove beef from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place beef on top of rack and cook 5 minutes, turn and cook for 4 minutes longer or until desired doneness.
- Remove from rack and place on cutting board 5 minutes before thinly slicing diagonally grain.
- Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat and continue boiling 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Watch carefully to not over-reduce. Remove from heat. Place sliced beef on serving platter and drizzle sauce evenly over steak.