- 45 minutes
- 20 minutes
This side dish is a holiday classic that's sure to delight guests. Try this tasty Sweet Potato and Chipotle Casserole Recipe today!
- Remove the skins from the sweet potatoes and place the cooked flesh in a large bowl.
- Add in the vanilla, the cinnamon, the maple syrup, the chipotle puree, and the salt. Mix well.
- Add in the cream and the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease a 9x13 baking dish and place the sweet potato mixture in the dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, the flour, the pumpkin pie spice, and the cayenne pepper. Cut in the 1/3 cup butter to the flour/sugar mixture until the consistency is crumbly.
- Add in the pecans and mix well.
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes. Scatter the small chunks of butter over the top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 45 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and crispy.