- 10 minutes
- Boil sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Cook until tender, then drain and arrange in a single layer on a sheet pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Heat a medium sauce pot over medium heat and add pecan halves, brown sugar, butter and salt.
- Cook pecans for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sugar has melted and the nuts are fully coated. Transfer nuts to a flat surface lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp. of oil, red onion, and fresh kale. Season with salt and pepper. Use more oil if needed.
- As kale begins to wilt, add vinegar and cook kale until it becomes soft.
- When kale has softened, toss in sweet potatoes, dried cranberries and candied pecans. For enhanced flavor, add in Food Lion Red Onion Jam.