- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- 6 to 8
- In a saucepan, boil the sweet potatoes until fork-tender. Drain the water.
- In the same saucepan over low heat, add the ginger, the cayenne pepper, the cinnamon, the maple syrup, and the cream. Stir until the sweet potatoes are coated.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan and pour the sweet potatoes into it.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, then add the marshmallows. Slowly melt the marshmallows, then remove from heat and quickly add the crushed cereal.
- Place the cereal mixture between two sheets of wax paper and roll it out until flat.
- Break the cereal into pieces and arrange the pieces over the top of the potatoes. (This makes the pie easier to cut through later.)
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes.