- 50 minutes
- 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 32 sandwiches
Satisfy your sweet tooth with dulce de leche sandwiched between two sweet potato cookies.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon together in a bowl.
- 2. Use an electric mixer to blend butter, sweet potato puree, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 cup granulated sugar on medium speed for about 1 to 2 minutes until fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time. Reduce speed to low and mix in flour mixture, just until flour is combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix together remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a bowl. Take the dough mixture out of the refrigerator and roll dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon each). Coat the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture, and then position them, 2" apart, on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until just golden around bottom edges. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute, and then move to wire racks to cool completely.
- Divide the dulce de leche evenly among the cookies and spread on the flat side of half of the cookies. Place the remaining cookies on top of the spread to create sandwiches.