- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
Delicious and cheesy, this mushroom burger will satisfy the heartiest appetites.
- Combine the beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mix well. Create six patties, then set aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cook for a few more minutes. Add the onion and continue to sauté for 5 more minutes until all ingredients are soft and brown. Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a separate bowl.
- Place the hamburger patties in the same skillet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until done, flipping once during cooking.
- Add a slice of Swiss to each hamburger patty, then let the cheese melt before removing the patties from the skillet. (If you pop a cover on the skillet, the cheese melts faster. Remove from the heat in that case.)
- If you would like your hamburger buns toasted, this can be accomplished in the same skillet after the hamburger patties are removed. Or lightly brown the buns in the oven, if desired.
- Assemble the hamburgers in this order: Bottom bun, beef patty, heaping spoonful of onions and mushrooms, and spring greens if desired. Top with the other half of the bun. Enjoy!