Tentacles/Spider Pot Pie
June 19, 2017 Comments
- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
Give your favorite pot pie recipe a Halloween upgrade when you use crescent roll dough to create the crust and transform it into a spooky spider or octopus.
- Prepare your favorite pot pie filling (make enough to fill 2 ramekins) and cook according to recipe instructions. Fill the two ramekins with the fully cooked pot pie filling.
- Unroll the crescent dough and slice 6 of the triangles into 3 pieces (use a knife or a pizza cutter). This makes 9 legs/tentacles for each ramekin and youâll use 8 of them; set aside the extra 2 for later.
- Use the two remaining large dough triangles and press them into circles.
- Take the ramekins and place each one in the center of a large dinner plate (it may slide around a bitâbe careful). Drape 8 of the legs/tentacles over the edge of each ramekin as shown.
- Add a dough center on top. Use the 2 leftover legs/tentacles to roll up into dough balls and arrange on top of the pot pie crust. (These are supposed to be eyes or warts or bumps.)
- Place in a 375-degree oven for approximately 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Top with candy eyes and a spooky sign, if desired!
Create Your Display Name