- 30 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4-6
Queso is a family favorite appetizer perfect for taco night (or any Mexican-inspired meal). Gooey, warm cheese dip with flavorful seasonings and possibly some tomatoes, onions and peppers mixed in. How can it possibly get any better? We’re so glad you asked! Our Three Cheese Cauliflower Queso takes this classic Mexican-inspired dip to the next level. With three different types of cheese, two varieties of spicy peppers (poblano and jalapenos), onion, cauliflower and garlic, plus tomatoes, cilantro and scallions, this recipe is packed with cheesy, zesty flavors.
- Preheat oven to 475°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss cauliflower florets, poblano and jalapeno peppers in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and season with salt. Cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add a small amount of cold water to cornstarch in a bowl until combined.
- Slowly add heavy cream to saucepan, stirring without stopping. Add cornstarch mixture and cook until mixture thickens. Pour in cauliflower and pepper puree and reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses, 1 handful at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If queso is too thick, whisk in additional heavy cream by the tablespoon until a desired consistency is reached.
- Make garnish: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and lightly spoon on top of queso. Serve with warm pita bread triangles or Food Lion store-made tortilla chips.