- 30 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 475°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss cauliflower florets, poblano and jalapeno peppers in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and season with salt. Cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add a small amount of cold water to cornstarch in a bowl until combined.
- Slowly add heavy cream to saucepan, stirring without stopping. Add cornstarch mixture and cook until mixture thickens. Pour in cauliflower and pepper puree and reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses, 1 handful at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If queso is too thick, whisk in additional heavy cream by the tablespoon until a desired consistency is reached.
- Make garnish: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and lightly spoon on top of queso. Serve with warm pita bread triangles or Food Lion store-made tortilla chips.