- 15 minutes
- 50 minutes
What if you took the flavors of luscious heirloom tomatoes and fresh eggs and combined them for an unparalleled flavor sensation? Well, you'll find out when you whip up a batch of tomeggos!
- Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and membrane. Turn the tomatoes upside down on paper towels to allow excess liquid to drain for a few minutes.
- Lightly drizzle the tomatoes with vegetable oil.
- Add a small amount of chopped onion to the bottom of each tomato, then sprinkle a very small pinch of garlic powder, salt, and pepper into each tomato.
- Crack one egg into each tomato.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 45 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with shredded Swiss and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.