- 1 hour
- 30 minutes
- Makes 24 cupcakes
These truffle chocolate cupcakes are a decadent chocolate treat that is easy to make and sure to impress.
- In a large saucepan, place the cream and butter and heat until boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Remove from heat, then and vanilla and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a glass baking pan and refrigerate the truffle mixture until firm (about an hour).
- Prepare the cake mix in the stand mixer. Add the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and sour cream, and then mix on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a 1-inch-diameter hole in each cupcake.
- Remove the truffle mixture from the fridge. Using a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon, scoop out a ball of truffle chocolate and drop a ball into the hole of each cupcake. (If you have truffle chocolate left over, you can add more to each cupcake at the end.)
- Top each cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting.