- 10 minutes
- 12 minutes
- Makes 5 to 6 tuna cakes.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the tuna fish, cheese, breadcrumbs, lemon pepper, onion, lemon juice, and eggs.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each one into a tuna cake (make each one about the size of a nice hamburger).
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry the tuna cakes for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of green leaf lettuce and serve with spicy mayo (combine ½ cup mayonnaise and ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder) if desired.
- Top the tuna cakes with parsley or chives if desired.