- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the noodles for 8 minutes, or according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the carrot and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the carrot is crisp-tender.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle the flour over the oil. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, Cheddar/Monterey jack, mustard, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the cooked noodles, tuna, and peas. (At this point, if you wish, the casserole can be eaten as a skillet dish without baking.)
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with the bread crumbs. Bake for 5 more minutes.