- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
This is a healthy twist on the classic beef cheesesteak.
- Peel and cut onion into 1-2 inch thin slices
- Add butter to skillet, turn to medium heat
- Add onions to skillet and let grill (add peppers, mushrooms, etc here I'd you like those on hot subs)
- While onion is grilling, cut turkey into 1" slices.
- Add turkey to skillet. Stir and turn until all sides are cooked/browning (8-10 min)
- Separate turkey in skillet into 4 separate piles
- Add 2 slices of provolone cheese lengthwise on top of each pile. Turn off skillet and let cheese melt.
- Cut/open 4 sub rolls.
- Using a spatula, carefully slide spatula under a pile of meat and pick up/fill a sub roll. Go back to skillet and scoop up any remaining meat from pile and add to pile.
- Continue with 3 other piles of meat.