- 30 minutes
- 3 hours
A great alternative to those looking to try a healthier version of a family classic! Despite the long list of ingredients, it's quite simple to put together!
- In a deep saute pot, pour in olive oil and set stove to medium heat. Let the oil heat up for about a minute.
- Add the turkey and brown. Once the turkey is browned, drain oil.
- While still on medium heat, add onion and peppers to the turkey and cook until tender.
- Once the turkey, onions, and peppers are cooked- add water, tomatoes, beans, garlic, all the spices, and potatoes. Then stir to make sure everything is incorporated together.
- Lower the heat to low, cover the top and let it cook for 3 hours. Make sure you stir occasionally (every half hour at least), to keep in from burning on the bottom.
- Once the potatoes are tender and chewy, the chili is ready.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and chopped avocados!