- 15 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
Mac and cheese is a dish that’s loved by the entire family – both kids and adults. And as you get ready to celebrate Mother’s Day (or any other special occasion), try making this cheesy pasta dish extra special with this recipe. You’ll use two varieties of cheese and mix in tender, delicious lobster for a decadent main course!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Place lobster tails in another baking dish with 2 tablespoons of butter diced on top and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes or until warmed through with an internal temperature of 165°F. Allow to cool slightly and dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in the large pot set over medium heat. Add flour, whisk constantly and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk, garlic powder, paprika and salt and whisk until smooth. Cook until thickened and just beginning to boil, about 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add both cheeses and whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese sauce and stir to combine. Mix in lobster until evenly distributed. Transfer pasta to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with panko bread crumbs. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and topping is golden. Cool 10 minutes and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Recipe Tip: Feel free to substitute peeled and cooked shrimp for lobster in this recipe.