- 10 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
Did you know vegans and vegetarians can grill BBQ too? You can, and with these meatless ribs, covered in tamarind sauce, you can enjoy grilled BBQ flavor!
- In a deep pan or large pot, bring broth or water, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, soy sauce, and 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce to a boil and add in blocks of tempeh. Cut in half if they won’t fit lengthwise.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, remove tempeh and arrange on a baking tray. Coat both sides with BBQ sauce
- Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping and re-coating with BBQ sauce once halfway through cooking.
- Slice tempeh into ½ -inch to 1-inch thick slices to resemble ribs and serve warm topped with additional BBQ sauce and chopped green onion if desired.