- 5 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
Most classic comfort foods are hard to make vegan. Whether for breakfast or lunch, this biscuits & gravy recipe brings southern comfort as a healthy recipe.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. While they cook, prepare the vegan sausage gravy.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat oil over low heat and whisk in flour, stirring frequently for 5 minutes until the flour browns slightly and smells nutty.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in non-dairy milk a little at a time.
- Place the pan back over the heat, add vegan sausage crumbles, and stir the gravy until it comes to a simmer and begins to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper and continue to cook until gravy reaches desired consistency.
- Serve warm over biscuits and top with chopped chives if desired.