- 30 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- Makes 6-8 Servings.
- Preheat oven to 350º and bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, Heat oil over medium heat, then add onion and red pepper and sauté until somewhat soft, about 5 minutes. Then add mushrooms and spinach and sauté, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender and there is no more liquid in the bottom of the pan.
- In the meantime, prepare the Parmesan cream sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the flour and whisk constantly until flour is cooked and smells nutty. Add in the milk and increase heat to medium until milk comes to a low boil. Whisk frequently until sauce starts to thicken, which should take several minutes, then add in Parmesan, salt and pepper and continue whisking until a thick sauce forms.
- Spoon just enough cream sauce into a well-greased 9x12 baking dish to cover the bottom. Add a layer of noodles, followed by 1/3 of the ricotta and ¼ of the vegetables, mozzarella, basil, and cream sauce. Repeat until the fourth layer of noodles. For the top and final layer, add the remainder of the vegetables, mozzarella, basil and cream sauce.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving hot & enjoy!