- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
These easy spring rolls are full of flavor and the dipping sauce is made with a surprising ingredient: Food Lion Pho Broth sauce! Talk about delish!
- Make the dipping sauce: In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and set aside until ready to serve.
- Make the spring rolls: In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add the oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic, ginger and green onions, and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 30 to 40 seconds. Add the mushrooms, cabbage and carrots. Season with salt. Sauté, shaking the pan often until the vegetables start to soften, 3 minutes. Increase the heat to high, then add the soy sauce and sesame oil, and season with salt. Sauté for 1 more minute until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the cilantro.
- Drain the filling to remove any excess moisture, then spread the vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet and let them cool to room temperature for about 10 minutes. Begin assembling the spring rolls. Working with one wrapper, place the wrapper so that a corner is facing you, then spoon 2 tablespoons of the cooled filling onto the bottom third of the wrapper that is closest to you.
- Lift the bottom of the wrapper and fold over the filling, flattening the wrapper around the filling so that no air bubbles form. Tuck it back. Begin folding the wrapper away from you. Fold in the sides to form an envelope-like shape. Continue to cinch and fold. Brush the top inside corner lightly with the egg white. The spring roll should measure 1-by-3½ inches. Place the spring roll on a parchment-lined sheet tray; cover with a damp paper towel. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill a wok or a medium heavy-bottomed pot with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350°. Working in batches of 4, fry the spring rolls, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 1½ to 2 minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve the spring rolls with the dipping sauce.