- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
It' s hard to beat made-from-scratch waffles for breakfast or brunch, especially when paired with the flavor and aroma of fresh berries. For a snack (perhaps a use for leftovers), cut cooled waffles into strips. Place them in a bowl, top with vanilla ice cream, drizzle with the strawberry sauce, and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- To make the strawberry sauce, put all the ingredients into a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness.
- For the waffles, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients. Stir just until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle iron. (Waffle irons without a nonstick coating may need to be brushed with vegetable oil or sprayed with cooking spray before adding the batter for each waffle.)
- Pour the waffle batter onto the center of the hot waffle iron in 4 separate batches. Close the lid and cook each waffle for 2 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately while warm. Drizzle with strawberry sauce and garnish with whole berries.