- 15 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add the apple pieces, the chopped celery, the walnuts, and the grapes.
- Toss until the salad is thoroughly coated with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Waldorf salad is traditionally served on lettuce or salad greens, so arrange as desired.
- VARIATIONS: Waldorf salad is exceptionally adaptable. You can substitute yogurt for the mayonnaise, you can add a dash of honey, and you can substitute raisins for the grapes. If desired, you can add marshmallows, or you can skip the celery.