- 30 minutes
- 2 quarts
Serve up your own home-made watermelon sherbet to your friends in a cone or a bowl along with some fresh fruit for a healhy dessert option everyone will love.
- Combine the watermelon, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to coat evenly, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth and return to the bowl.
- Pour the water into a saucepan, sprinkle with gelatin and whisk to dissolve. Place the saucepan over medium to low heat and add the watermelon mixture, and milk. Whisk as it cooks. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool completely. Refrigerate the mixture until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the chilled watermelon mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Scoop into bowls or into your favorite type of cone to enjoy.