- 5 Minutes
- 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- 6 - 8
Want to try some new hot dog toppings? This spring or summer, try this West Virginian hot dog sauce grilling recipe for the best hot dogs you've had!
- In a large pot with a heavy bottom, combine all ingredients except vinegar. (Do not brown the beef before adding it to the pot).
- Gently mix all ingredients together, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cover the pot, and allow the sauce to gently simmer for two hours.
- Uncover the pot, stir in vinegar, and allow to simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and serve hot over hot dogs.