- 5 Minutes
- 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Want to try some new hot dog toppings? This spring or summer, try this West Virginian hot dog sauce grilling recipe for the best hot dogs you've had!
- In a large pot with a heavy bottom, combine all ingredients except vinegar. (Do not brown the beef before adding it to the pot).
- Gently mix all ingredients together, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cover the pot, and allow the sauce to gently simmer for two hours.
- Uncover the pot, stir in vinegar, and allow to simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and serve hot over hot dogs.