- 10 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- Makes 8 Tacos
Tacos are a classic meal, but trout tacos take this traditional recipe to the next level. Learn how to make the perfect trout fish tacos!
- If working with frozen fish, allow to thaw first. Pat the fish filets dry, and cut into one inch strips. Season fish with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, divided between all pieces.
- In a large bowl, add cornmeal, flour, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and remaining salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Pour milk into a separate large bowl.
- Mix slaw ingredients together in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Bring a large sauté pan to medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add oil.
- Dip the fish pieces into the milk to coat them, then dip into the cornmeal mix, again coating every side. Immediately place fish pieces into the hot oil, cooking 2-3 minutes per side until crispy and browned. Be sure to not crowd the pan, but cook about 5-6 fish pieces at a time.
- Transfer cooked fish to a plate with paper towels as you finish cooking in batches. Add more oil to the pan as needed.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave, then divide the crunchy fish between each tortilla. Top with slaw, then green onion. Enjoy!