- 20 minutes
- 8 hours
- Marinate the roast: a. Combine fresh coffee, whiskey, beef stock, black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin. b. Mix well in a sealable container and add the roast. Make some cuts in the roast to allow marinade to seep in all the way. c. If the marinade doesn't cover the roast completely, add some more beef stock or whiskey (if you prefer a stronger roast) d. Seal it up and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, take the roast out and set up your crockpot.
- Wash and chop up 4 red skin potatoes (leave the skin on for earthiness), then line the bottom of the crockpot with them.
- Add the salt and bay leaves on top of the potatoes.
- Lay the roast over the potatoes (cut it up if you have to make it fit). Add the garlic cloves on top of that
- Now pour the marinade in after it.
- Set on high, cover, and let cook for 8 hours. When itâs done, serve and enjoy!
- Additionally, after the roast is done you can take a bit of the marinade out of the crock pot (there will be plenty), put it in a small stove pot, add about 2 Tbs of cornstarch, 1 cup of cold water, a little more of the spices and salt, and create a nice gravy out of it to top the roast.