- 15 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unfold pastry from wrapper and fit into pie pan, pressing gently against bottom and sides so crust won't shrink away when baking.
- Sprinkle pecans over bottom of crust evenly. Set crust aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients: eggs, sugar, salt, butter and corn syrup in bowl of electric mixer and beat two minutes until well blended. Pour mixture over pecans in the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Check pie after 30-40 minutes and cover edges of pie with foil pieces if necessary to keep edges from getting too dark before middle of pie is set. Pie is done when it doesn't "jiggle" when you gently shake the pie pan.
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Pie may be served hot or cold, plain or with whipped cream or vanilla (or other flavor) ice cream. Leftovers (if you have any) do not have to be refrigerated. Cover and store at room temp for two days.