- 5 minutes
This aromatic and colorful dish is prepared in just one pan, making it easy for a busy weeknight. But it is also elegant enough to serve your guests. Just pair it with a salad and your meal is complete.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. (The chicken does not need to be cooked through.)
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Remove and discard all but about 1 tablespoon of the fat in the pan. Reduce the heat to low. Add the curry powder and garlic. Stir for about 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken broth. Stir to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the peas and carrots. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and use tongs to place the chicken in the pan. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
Garnish the servings with cilantro sprigs.