- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
Weekend breakfasts generally contain more substance than our in-a-hurry weekday schedules allow. This stick-to-your-ribs breakfast soup is the perfect Saturday morning solution.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions in butter; add the salt.
- Add the sweet potatoes and apples, then continue to cook until they begin to soften. Add 3/4 cup water, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg, then bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the oats, the remaining water, the milk, and the cream. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, approximately 10 minutes or so.
- Possible toppings: Maple syrup, nuts, craisins, etcâ¦