- 15 minutes
- 40 minutes
- In large pot over medium-high heat add olive oil, onions and garlic, cook for a few minutes.
- Add the peppers. Stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add the ground round and Johnsonville sausage, breaking up the meat. Cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin stir well. Add minced jalapeno pepper, beer, black olives, tomatoes, cinnamon and oregano and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the chili from sticking and burning. If the chili isnât bubbly turn up heat a bit. Add beans and simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring often.
- Serve chili topped with shredded cheddar. I like my chili with Texas Toast, warm flour tortillas or corn chips.