- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
These Polish pancakes are loaded with veggies and savory herbs like chives, dill, leek and, of course, zucchini. They create a burst of flavor and are a great alternative to more traditional main dishes. Serve with a side salad - and you have a great vegetarian meal!
- Cut the leek into 1/2 inch slices.
- Wash, peel and coarsely grate the zucchini.
- Chop the green onions and dill.
- Place the milk, eggs and baking powder in a large bowl and whisk to mix.
- Add flour gradually, stirring as you go.
- Fold all vegetables into the mixture.
- Stir in the soy sauce, salt, sugar and black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan and add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Spoon 1/3 of the zucchini batter onto the pan for each pancake. Turn to the second side when they appear to be bubbly, about 2-3 minutes. Cook the other side until it is firm and golden brown.
- Place finished pancakes on a paper towel to absorb oil. Repeat until all batter is gone. Top with of sour cream. Tip: Do not prepare the zucchini in advance, as it can make the batter watery.